The Impact Of Sustainable Development On The Construction Industry Faced With Economic And Legislative Challenges
View This Dissertation Here
The most pressing issue in the 21st century is climate change. The positive advances in sustainable construction indicate the dedication to lowering emissions and making sure that sustainable living is widespread throughout society. The UK Government has instilled various climate change initiatives, subsidies and targets into the industry in attempt to boost the uptake of sustainable development in the construction industry. However, the pressures for building green detriment the ability to build low cost developments. The economic recession faced by the UK is inaugurating the conflict between sustainable development and value for money. In order to determine the consequences that the sustainable building culture has had on the construction costs a literature review was carried out on a number of resources containing Government reports, Regulations and Laws, manufacturers information, research from professional bodies and academic reports. A survey was also conducted, gathering the opinion of people with invested interest in the construction industry. The findings of this report suggest that at present, sustainable construction is costing more to implement during the initial construction phase, which is understandable due to the increased levels of technology installed. The majority of sustainable developments are occupied by business use, which indicates that zero carbon homes are not yet affordable as domestic homes. However, market trends suggest that in the future, once all homes are sustainably built, the prices will level off with the eradication of the prestige value.
The hypothesis of this research dissertation is that with more and more pressures and new legislation applied to sustainable construction this may be forcing contract costs to rise. With the client in mind, rising capital costs may hinder their objectives. It will be considered that there may be methods of lowering cost while still achieving an element of sustainable construction. The main aim of this research dissertation is to ascertain the relationship between sustainable construction and the costs associated with building green.
Sustainable Construction Dissertation Objectives
Review current legislation and framework in place to endorse sustainable construction
Examine the relationship between the initial cost of sustainable construction and the whole life cost of completed projects
Outline the trend in construction costs in relation to advances in sustainable construction
Explore the reactions and opinions of construction professionals on costs of building green
Determine recommendations to be used in order to best develop the sustainable construction industry while achieving the clients objectives
I do hope you enjoyed reading this post on sustainable development on the UK construction industry. There are many other titles available in the construction dissertation collection that should be of interest to construction management students and building professional. There are many dissertation titles that relate to other aspects of construction such as project management techniques, environmental management, building and construction methods to name a few. It took a lot of time to write this post and I would be grateful if you could share this post via Facebook and Twitter. Feel free to add your thoughts in the comments section. Thank you.
Sustainable Construction Dissertation
My name is Steve Jones and I’m the creator and administrator of the dissertation topics blog. I’m a senior writer at study-aids.co.uk and hold a BA (hons) Business degree and MBA, I live in Birmingham (just moved here from London), I’m a keen writer, always glued to a book and have an interest in economics theory. View all posts by Steve Jones
23 Outstanding Example Dissertation Titles on Construction
Choosing a good topic for your dissertation is a very difficult step. A topic should be interesting, researchable, and meaningful. Many students need some inspiration to come up with great ideas. If you have to write a paper on construction, you may look at the list of great sample titles below.
- The U.S. construction industry: labor shortages and implications.
- Project management within the construction industry of the United States.
- The modular construction of the purpose built apartments.
- The shortage of the constructions skills and the alternatives of recruitment.
- Factors that affect the marketing of city center flats.
- The effectiveness of strategic partnering within the U.S. construction industry.
- Building regulations and the energy efficiency compliance.
- Barriers to construction contractors that want to implement sustainable construction.
- The construction industry: the adoption and development of safety culture.
- The application of masonry construction and timber frame: a comparative analysis.
- The adoption and implementation of photovoltaics in the United States.
- An evaluation analysis of the future of photovoltaics in the U.S. domestic buildings.
- The impact of the energy performance certificates on the rental property market.
- The use of the modern construction methodology to resolve the social housing deficit.
- The construction industry acquisitions and mergers: critical factors of success.
- The usage of solar cooling to save the energy in the building.
- The construction industry supply chains: the impact of the recession.
- Direct property and its role within investment funds.
- Difficulties in the implementation of the lean construction.
- The impact of the construction design management regulations on the industry projects.
- Commercial real estate: financial performance and sustainability.
- The construction industry: the encouragement of health and safety participation.
- Waste management in the construction industry.
These topics should inspire you on some original ideas to write your dissertation about. Remember that to compose a great paper it’s not enough just to choose a good topic. One of the most important and difficult steps is to do thorough research. You’ll need to find many reliable theoretical sources on which to base your investigation. You will also need to conduct your own tests and experiments. To do your research properly, you should regularly consult your professor on this matter. They’ll provide you with valuable advice and indicate the mistakes that you should avoid.
Composing a dissertation is also rather difficult. If you have difficulties with academic writing, you should attend academic centers where you’ll be given helpful lessons.